Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Am Link

.
--- Dazed of Heaven - Glenn is rubbing it in that he got to see a double-feature of Badlands and Days of Heaven on the big screen over at Stale Popcorn, like that makes him BETTER than us or something. (It does.) I haven't gotten to see Days of Heaven on a big screen yet, boo, but I did see Badlands and Sissy fucking Spacek was there to talk about it, so I win a prize too, don't I?

--- Dudesploitation - Are we living in the golden age of beefcakery? Seeing as how I've got a seemingly endless supply of posting material as of late, a case could be made... and has, by Joe Reid, over at Vulture. Go forth! All of our favorites are mentioned!

--- Hasa Diga Eebowai - I had The Book of Mormon on my brain yesterday because I'm pretty sure I saw its star Andrew Rannells on the subway. (Here's my review of the show.) EW is reporting that, shocking absolutely no one, Trey Parker and Matt Stone are going to make a movie from the play. Of course all the article says is "some day," whatever that means. But that could be a good thing! I wanted to see the show right away after the first time, but then I remembered it was constantly sold out and costs hundreds of dollars each time, so notsomuch.

--- Remembering Raiders - There was a big 30th anniversary screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark in LA this week with Steven Spielberg there - doesn't he ever come to New York? I don't think he's done anything here the entire time I've lived here, the rat - and AICN has the details from the Q&A including the surprise appearance of Harrison Ford.

--- My Own Private Franco - Towelroad gives us an update on the current state of James Franco's art wankery - he's on the cover of some zine splashed with Pepto Bismal and he's still yapping about how much he adores Gus Van Sant's My Own Private Idaho, because we all didn't hear you say you loved to suck dick the first time, James.

--- Party This Summer - Adam Scott says they are just "crossing the i's and dotting the t's" (okay I said that, and backwards, on purpose, it's gonna be my new catchphrase!) on shooting the Party Down movie this upcoming Summer. I hope he knows how physically viiolent I might become if this turns out to be a lot of hoo-ha.

--- Lannister Lately - The Kingslayer is making a horror movie! Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is starring opposite Jessica Chastain as a couple who take in their long-thought-lost nieces and nephews only to discover a supernatural force of some sort is hunting them. Guillermo Del Toro is producing, because Guillermo Del Toro produces every movie made now, didn't you hear?

--- Bite My Pillow - I told you just yesterday that Club Silencio was on fire with awesomeness this week, right? Well the blaze is still going strong, with love thrown at Corky St. Clair and Eraserhead and most inspired of all Dr. Lester in Being John Malkovich, a seriously underappreciated performance. Head over and see
.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

I saw Andrew Rannells on the F train the other day and that guy is much taller and buffer than I had expected. Conclusion: He is SO HOT. Damn. Damn damn damn.

Jason Adams said...

If it was indeed him that I saw I took note of a very, very attractive ass.

Glenn Dunks said...

You win no prizes.